Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Many Blessings

I tried to reflect throughout the day of all that I am thankful for this Thanksgiving and my list was like conversation whiplash ~ ever hear of that expression? My first thought was flavored coffee (probably because I was drinking it at the time). I don't think I could get through my mornings without it!!! Then I thought of my family, friends, and customers that have been so supportive of my business and my wonderful husband (who do you think helps me with all those grommets and rivets?). But then I felt pretty shallow because it's not all about me or my work. It's so much more. And that's when my thoughts went to the other extreme.

Our family is so blessed to be happy and healthy. We have food plenty, a warm shelter, love, and freedom ~ the basics which we take for granted everyday. I believe Thanksgiving is a reminder that we need to appreciate one another and all the blessings that often get overlooked when doing life everyday.

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and get to enjoy special time with your family and friends!

No comments: