Monday, November 17, 2008

Thinking Christmas Already

I know this sounds kooky, but we already broke out some of our Holiday music this past weekend. The kids were so excited and it felt great to actually listen to the music without being rushed & consumed with the normal holiday craziness. My husband got me hooked on Martina McBride's "White Christmas" cd many, many years ago (while we were still dating!), and I still love it to this day. My kids are hooked now too. It's classic and uncluttered, and her voice is so rich and velvety. Our favorite is "O Holy Night" ~ she can belt it out like no one else.

On Sunday night my husband and I actually got to have a nice dinner out by ourselves (our first in months). It was so nice to reconnect and talk without being interrupted. After our dinner, we went to Borders and just perused the endless shelves of books and magazines. I could literally spend hours in a book store. Anyway, you know you're a true parent when you're out on a date night and you buy something for your kids. I walked out of the store with a "Highlights High Five" magazine for Camille as she loves doing workbooks and activities. There is a fantastic idea in the magazine for Holiday ornaments. So cute and so easy so I wanted to share it. It's a great craft to make with your kids, nieces/nephews, or grandkids and give as gifts.

Scented Ornaments

1/4 cup cinnamon
4 tbsp applesauce

Flatten dough until it's approx. 1/4" thick. Cut dough into shapes with cookie cutters. Put on a paper plate and poke a hole in the top of each shape (use a pencil). The ornaments take about a week to dry on the plate and then are ready to string and hang. They're supposed to smell amazing.

No comments: