Friday, January 9, 2009

Just Passing It Along

Just wanted to pass along some helpful information. I just learned this little tidbit about a year ago, and wish someone had told me sooner. I'm constantly burning myself in the kitchen. So it was nothing new when I burned my hand yesterday on our waffle iron. But see, I know this special trick. I immediately put honey on it and threw a bandaid over top (so the honey soaks in).

Yes, honey! I know it sounds weird, but I swear it works. I've done it many, many, many times. For some reason, the honey cools off the skin (faster than cold water), minimizes the burn, and reduces the pain significantly. It was a pretty bad burn and now I only have a small red mark as a reminder.

Just thought I'd share this in case you're just as klutzy as me around hot stuff.

No comments: