Sunday, January 4, 2009

Back to Work

I hope this note finds you in a happy, healthy new year! We're home from our holiday travels and settling back into our routine. I've finally sorted through all the mail, finished with the piles of laundry, and packed away the holiday decorations. My house is somewhat in order so I'm ready to start sewing again! But. . . . I've realized several important things during the past several weeks.

See, I'm wonderful at time management. It's one of my few gifts that is a blessing and a curse at the same time. I can get twice as much done in a day than the typical person. However, during my crossing-off-the-to-do-list, I lose sight of small, precious moments. Moments with my family, just hanging out, watching a movie, reading a book and not being able to put it down because it's so good, getting sucked into a challenging puzzle. The holidays helped me take stock, refresh, and look foward to some "new beginnings".

I have several "new beginnings" that I'm making a priority for 2009. Beginnings that don't include making more money, earning more success, or getting the most done in a day. Mine are much more special and will hopefully make me a better person, wife, and mother.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: