Friday, September 5, 2008

Warm & Cozy

I never have idle hands, and I can't sit still. My husband is forever frustrated with me that I don't just sit more, relax and watch t.v. with him. I could do it, but unless it's a show/movie I'm completely into, I feel like I'm wasting time and my mind starts thinking of the other 25 things I could be doing. So I learned how to crochet many years ago, and I absolutely love it. I feel like I'm still accomplishing something while sitting and relaxing. The best of both worlds. Now it's not so bad watching a show I'm not completely absorbed in because my mind is focusing on the task at hand.

Whenever Autumn approaches, I get the urge to start crocheting. It's almost like my fingers crave it. This year is no different. I've already started a scarf and can't wait to make more. I love chunky, textured scarves and this one is my new favorite. It's a very simple pattern that I made myself (nothing complicated, nothing frou-frou), just warm, cozy wool. As I get time and make more, I hope to add some to my shop.




No comments: