Monday, September 14, 2009

Tomato Update

As most of you know, I started my own tomato garden this year ~ my very first ever. I can't believe how well it's done. Click here to see the Spring planting. Check 'em out now. . . We're now experiencing the fruit of our labor with a handful of tomatoes each day. The kids love picking them and I love eating them.
I seriously recommend this method for anyone that loves grape tomatoes and doesn't like to weed. All you have to do is water them daily (a gallon jug works great) and feed them with Miracle Gro for tomatoes once a week. The banana peppers and basil that were planted on the top of the buckets have done great as well. But we got attacked by Japanese beetles this Summer (can I tell you how much I hate these bugs!) so a lot of leaves got eaten. I guess I'm just grateful they didn't eat my tomatoes too.

No comments: