Monday, September 21, 2009

I'm in Love With


I.must.have.these.
I had big aspirations last Winter and decided to crochet my own slippers. I'd gone through so many store bought versions only to be disappointed. They'd fall apart, rip at the seam, you name it. I got one slipper done after a lot of cuss words and restarts. All I can say is Ronald McDonald was missing his slipper and I had it. The sucker was huge. And then when I finally got the stinkin' thing right, I couldn't remember what I had done so that I could repeat it on the other slipper. Ugghhh!
I don't think I want to go through all that again. I don't have the kind of life where I can crochet in peace and quiet and count my stitches and keep track (or maybe I'm just a little craft challenged???). I'm usually multi-tasking so I need a simple repetitive pattern. I have yet to accomplish this so I'm thinking I should just surrender myself to the fact that some things should just be bought.
These are from Natalya's Studio - check out her Etsy shop here. You might fall in love with a pair yourself. Double-cushioned soles, warm and cozy yarn, and stylish designs. These are sooo much better than the mass-produced slippers at chain stores.

No comments: