Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Garden Time

This is so very unrelated to handbags (as is most of my posts lately it seems!), but I just had to share. We started our garden for this year ~ grape tomatoes, green beans, cucumbers, basil, zucchini, and banana peppers. I'm most excited about how we planted some of it. We've seen those commercials for the upside-down Topsy Turvy planter and thought it was such a neat idea, but our frugalness kept us from buying one. Well. . . we decided to make our very own version and they turned out beautifully. Yes, they do look a little tacky, but hey, don't knock it if it works. :) Here's the recipe:


My husband cut a 1 1/2" hole in the center bottom of the bucket. We then placed the tomato plant in upside down and filled the bucket with dirt. We also planted a different vegetable on the top of the bucket (pepper and basil). After just two weeks, these plants are all double the size of the ones we planted in the actual garden. I can't believe it!

No comments: