Monday, August 30, 2010

A Personal Note

Happy Monday Everyone!

I've added a new bag to my Etsy shop. It's a beautiful print from Heather Bailey with all of nature's earthtone colors.

On another note, we're just trying to get in a routine here in our house. When you work from home, it can be very difficult to separate your business life from your personal life. They are so intertwined as I steal minutes throughout the day to do certain tasks, make phone calls with my 4-yr old in the background and try to get dinner going while prepping for the post office.

I almost can't keep the two lives separate - they are both a huge part of me and both occur in the same place. I've just started surrendering to this concept.

So when my family is adjusting to a new schedule, my work feels the impact as well. It doesn't help that Camille is in her third week of school now and Jonas still doesn't start for another week. I call this the "inbetween stage". In other words, "semi-controlled chaos". Imagine if you throw a sick child into the mix already too. Yah, that was us last week.

We also had some bad news recently that our 14 yr old dog, Harley, has an aggresive form of leukemia. This is especially hard on me since Harley has faithfully been by my side since my single days, in my very own first apartment. He has been a steadfast piece of my life throughout many changes, a piece that has been easily taken for granted. He is such a good, loving dog that I'm struggling with this news.

So, I thought I would share what's going on in my personal life so you can see what "the person" behind Camille Star is living right now. Hey, who else can write a post that includes family news along with a picture of a new bag??! Thanks for listening and understanding.

No comments: