Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Introducing Two New Members to the Camille Star Family. . . .


I just love creating handbags - all aspects of it. But I'll be the first to admit that at times, my love can turn into an ugly obsession if I'm not careful. I have to constantly remind myself of that expression "Everything in moderation". My thoughts tend to be consumed with handbags, and wherever I go, I'm not people watching, I'm handbag watching! So I'm not ashamed to admit that the Rubie Bag first entered my mind while sitting in my niece's sixth grade graduation ceremony. I couldn't wait to sketch it out and design my prototype. Then while working out on the elliptical machine several nights later, the unique strap technique fell into place in my thoughts. I just hope everyone loves it as much as I do. Check out my Etsy store for the Rubie Bag in other fabric choices.


Being a mom of a 2-yr old and 3-yr old, I'm always carrying around "extra" stuff besides my own essentials, now even more that we are out & about in the warm weather. So I wanted to create a tote that could hold everything without being hugenormous (one of my husband's favorite words). This way, your bag is not consuming you and dragging you down. Hence, the Supply Tote was founded. It works great in so many situations, regardless if you have kids. I envisioned this tote at festivals, picnics, pools, zoos (I'm sure you get the point). The pockets in the front are great for holding keys, cell phones, and sunglasses. Finally, a bag to get you through all those fun Summer events in style!


No comments: