Monday, May 19, 2008

Our "Big Boy"



Our last couple of weeks have been consumed with our little one's 2nd birthday. He now calls himself "big boy" and the name fits. While I love this age and love to watch him learn new words and make new discoveries, he's also losing his baby face and entering toddlerism (is that a word??). Very bittersweet.


We recently celebrated his birthday with family and friends. Now I have to admit, I'm not a party planner or decorator, but I do love making a homemade cake for each of my two kids' birthdays. It's a special gift from me, and I hope it will be a treasured memory for them. Since my son Jonas is loving trains at the moment (& rocks, but how do you make a rock cake??) , it only seemed fitting to make him a special choo-choo train cake. It was lots of fun to decorate and even more fun to see him so excited about it. When it came time to sing "Happy Birthday", he was all smiles. And when Daddy told him to take a bite, he leaned over and literally took a huge bite right out of one of the train cars. It was priceless! I just had to share these pictures.


Now, life is settling down and we're getting ready for Summer. More celebrations just around the corner!

No comments: