Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Celebration

Our little guy has just turned "4"!!! He had a wonderful birthday on Tuesday. Of course, I made a special cake just for him. For those of you that don't know, I make a homemade cake for each of my kid's birthdays every year. Last year was Spiderman, check it out here. It's a tradition that I started with their first birthdays and hope to continue for many more years. They have so much fun picking out their "theme" for the cake and can't wait to see it finished. I like to include them in the process too - it's just too hard to keep it a surprise when they're home with me.

This year, Jonas picked a monster truck. Did I mention that he picked this out about two months ago and has dilligently reminded me of it every week since? So I attempted a monster truck cake. If I could get scored based on love and effort, I think I truly deserve an "A+". Just remember to keep that in mind - it's the thought that matters most, not the end product. And maybe a "B" for creativity - I thought the donuts worked out great as wheels!

The bumpers, on the other hand, didn't quite look right. Oh well!
It could definitely be better, but I think that my four-year old loved his special cake, designed just for him! (Please don't pay attention to all the clutter on the kitchen counter - we were in the middle of our party!)


No comments: