Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines

I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day. Even if you didn't get a bouquet of roses, a heart shaped box of goodies, or a big stuffed animal, I'm sure your day was special. Maybe you got some encouraging words from a friend or family member, maybe your kids made you a special gift, or maybe you got some precious alone time. The little things count too.

We started the day with banana slices arranged in a heart, then chocolate covered strawberries, and finally some Valentines cookies. We had a sweet day, can't you tell? I made the cookies posted here, and we were not disappointed. They are easily my favorite.

The kids loved sprinkling the sugar on top. I love the way the swirled ones turned out. I can't wait to try these again and put them on a stick in a cookie bouquet.

No comments: