Saturday, February 13, 2010

Hot Chocolate

UPDATE: This hot chocolate is so yummy! We all devoured it within minutes (even without marshmallows!)

My kids have been on a huge hot chocolate kick lately. Not sure if it's because it's so cold or maybe they just want something sweet. I'm starting to think it's all about the marshmallows though!

I feel my job as a parent is to find recipes that are in the best interest of my family. Ones that have minimal artificial ingredients, not a lot of fat/calories, and don't take hours to prepare. I always feel guilty when using the prepackaged mixes (you know what I'm talking about, Swiss Miss). Have you ever looked at the list of ingredients? And the recipes that require actually using whole candy bars and heavy whipping cream just make me feel fat before even drinking them!

Well, I think my search has finally ended!! Click here on Budget Mommy's blog to check it out. We will be trying it out today and I'll give you an update later. The ingredient list is short, and I have everything in my pantry/fridge. Yay!

No comments: