Monday, October 6, 2008

My Work Space

One of the things I love about our home is our finished basement. It was a huge buying point for us because we knew we'd have two little ones with lots of stuff and out-of-state family coming to visit on a regular basis. At that time I never dreamed I'd have my own sewing studio or a space of my own down there too. I can't imagine life without it now.

Our basement has an office, family room, bedroom, bathroom and, of course, my studio which is enclosed with beautiful french doors. My husband even built me an "L-shaped" desk to accommodate all of my materials and equipment. I absolutely love it. I started with my home Janome sewing machine and gradually stepped up to my Seiko industrial machine. I use both all the time. I've even been sewing some bags with leather now and hope to introduce them to my shop at some point.

I keep all my fabric sorted in bins which is great because I "try" to sort each bin by color. This doesn't always happen so I can see right through the bin as to what is in there. This picture was taken several weeks ago so the bins are actually packed full right now and I'm running out of room.

Thought I would share where I work most days (or should I say nights). It's always inspiring to see where others "do what they do". My space is nothing fancy or elaborate, but it's just perfect for me and allows me to be creative.

No comments: