Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Loves of Autumn

Today is the first official day of Autumn. Not quite sure if we're feeling it yet as we had our air conditioning on today! But I know cooler weather is just around the corner and I wanted to start my favorite season off with a list.

A list of my Autumn "loves". So, here goes:

~Cup of steaming green tea with honey
~Rustling of leaves high up in the trees as they sway in the wind
~Soft, cozy sweaters that envelope you in their warmth
~Visting family farms for apple and pumpkin picking
~Apple cider donuts (yum)
~Cool, fresh air spilling in my windows and filling my home
~Homemade creamy tomato soup
~Decorated pumpkins
~Smell of apple cider and mulling spices
~Salty popcorn popped on the stove
~Deep, colorful sunsets
~Starry sky on a brisk night
~Leaves in bright vivid orange, red, and yellow
~Snuggling under the covers with a good book

Happy Autumn!

No comments: