Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Nuggets of Wisdom

I started my Spring cleaning this week. Let me tell you, it was long overdue!

While cleaning my bedroom I discovered a stash of my favorite quotes, sayings and expressions that I've collected over the years. Whenever something speaks to me or resonates with my own life, I either write it down or rip it out. I've found great nuggets of wisdom from magazines, desktop calendars, anywhere, and everywhere.

So from time to time, I'll share some of them with you. Hopefully they'll speak to you right where you need it. Who can't use some uplifting and encouraging words?

Friendship

Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person,
Having neither to weigh thoughts,
Nor measure words - but pouring them
All right out - just as they are -
Chaff and grain together -
Certain that a faithful hand will
Take and sift them -
Keep what is worth keeping -
And with the breath of kindness
Blow the rest away.

by Dina Maria Mulock Craik

No comments: