Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation


Home sweet home. . . we're back from our vacation in New Jersey. The kids had a blast spending time with their cousins, Grammy, and Pop-Pop. They went swimming, went to Vacation Bible School, ate lots & lots of ice cream, caught lightning bugs, and just enjoyed being kids. We were able to squeeze in a trip to the ocean which was great. My son was deathly afraid of the waves, while my daughter just couldn't get close enough. So one stayed on the sand and the other was like a little mermaid.


We also celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday while on vacation, and I made my traditional birthday cake for her. Please keep in mind, it's the thought that counts. I do think I deserve an "A" for effort if anything!! She's all about princesses right now so she got her very own castle cake. And to top it all off, it was just the right shade of pink for a little girl.

It's great to be back home and back into our routine. While we did have tons of fun, we also had lack of sleep, one day of the stomach virus, and numerous meltdowns. Nothing's ever perfect and kids will be kids~ two things I need to constantly remind myself.

No comments: