Monday, June 7, 2010

No More Training Wheels at This House


We now have another "Official Bike Rider" over at our house! Jonas has given up his training wheels and now rides his bike. Don't you just love the shin guards? He says it's okay if he falls because they'll protect him. If only life were that easy, right?

This milestone has been very bittersweet for me. While I was super excited for him and the confidence he has gained over the last week, it's been hard to acknowledge that both of our kids are no longer babies, no longer toddlers for that matter. They are growing up right before my eyes. We always kid with them that we are going to shrink them down. But inside, I sometimes truly wish I could do just that and hold onto these moments a little bit longer. I don't want them to pass so quickly, so soon to be forgotten.
Now we've moved onto family bike rides and creating this new moment together. This has become our family ritual after dinner. The kids love it and can't wait to see which direction we're headed to. And in my head I'm thinking, "Can't we just stop time and not go in any direction? I vote for that."

No comments: